Cary York
Cary York,
Experience:  Auto Tech at Certified Auto Repair

No AC. No dash light. Blower fan works on gh, but weak on

Customer Question

No AC. No dash light for AC. Blower fan works on High, but weak on 1,2,3. Heater lights, but not the vent lights. Kia Sorento 2012
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Interior fuses are ok. I have not checked exterior fuse box. Is there a guide for exterior fuse box?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ever hopefull, I have pulled 3 interior fuses and they were not burned, however instead of being 7.5 fuses they have been replaced with 10 fuses. I have had this car a year without any problems. Joan
Category: Kia
Expert:  Cary York replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

Sounds like you have multiple problems. Did this happen all at once?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think so

Do you have a test light and are you going to try and fix this yourself?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
By test light do you mean voltage tester and yes that's my plan. Hoping it's only a fuse.

Does not sound like a fuse. Possible ground problem at the very least. A voltmeter is fine but a test light would also be good. You need to check fuses with a test light and not just simply pulling them out one-by-one and looking at them. I can walk you through it step-by-step.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is my meter. Batteries inserted. I've never used it.

Voltmeters are a necessity. But I have seen blown fuse read voltage with a voltmeter and still be bad or no voltage on the circuit. Some modules, etc. create feed back on a circuit. A voltmeter will pick up small amp voltages. A test light will not only test the fuse but apply a small load to the circuit. Something the voltmeter will not do. It sound like you may have a A/C control head problem.

I would love to help but its difficult to describe through messages. I will send a request for a phone call. Its not just one call. Once you accept the call we can hang up and call back as much as we need to.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is this included in my original 20$ and if so I will go to store and get a dc light meter.
I'm not sure on the billing. You would have to contact the 800-number for JustAnswer
I'm not sure on the billing. You would have to call the 800-number for JustAnswer