Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2012 Kia Optima. When I tried to start it I got

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Kia Optima. When I tried to start it I got nothing; no clicking sound indicating a loose connection or anything. I turned the lights on and started it (to see if it was a battery issue) the lights went out altogether. I started it again, this time holding the key in the start position, and it started after a few seconds. Could it be the ignition itself, or something else?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

When you say it started for a few seconds was the engine actually running or did it just crank for a few seconds?

Do you have a volt meter so we can test some things?

With the current info this looks more like a dirty battery connection concern than a ignition switch issue.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris