rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2013 kia,soul. this morning I went out to open it

Customer Question

hello. I have a 2013 kia,soul. this morning I went out to open it and the doors wont unlock automatically nor will the car start. is this a problem with the anti theft device? thank you for your time.
Category: Kia
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger. This is a great site, but it doesn’t replace a shop or necessary tools.

It does sound like a security issue by your description. In some cases there are re-learn procedures in the owners manual. Otherwise, you will need assistance from a mechanic with a scan tool.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
okay...thank you....I am not too handy, but my husband is..hoping he can fix it!!
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

That would be great.

Thanks again Diana, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Please remember that I do not get credit for helping you until you rate me. Thanks again, Ron