Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 years experience working on cars. I am also a factory trained Subaru and Nissan Tech.

I have a 2012kia soul. The key fob lock button is not

Customer Question

I have a 2012kia soul. The key fob lock button is not locking the doors and the interior lock button doesn't lock them either. Is it a door lock actuator and if so which door would it be?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

This sounds more like a problem with the body control module. When you press the key fob, signal is sent to the module to lock the doors. If none of the doors work with the fob or the button, either it's not receiving the signal, or it's not responding to the signal.

Hate to say it, but probably the best thing to do is have it properly diagnosed with the use of a scan tool. Then if possible replace the part yourself, although programming will be required.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
While either using the fob or the door lock rocker switch, it makes a sound like it gets the signal but nothing happens. The kia dealer said possibly $1000 to repair. Crazy expensive
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

But you are saying no doors will lock or unlock right?

This isn't just a single door that is having the problem or am I misunderstanding that.

Sorry for the delay, lost my internet during a storm..