Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician

My Kia Sorento just had a ECO light up on my dash is this

Customer Question

my Kia Sorento just had a ECO light up on my dash is this something to be alarmed by or can I wait till next week when it goes in for service?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Hi im kevin

The ECOMINDER indicator is a system that illuminates ECO when the driver has reached optimum fuel efficiency.

• The ECOMINDERtm indicator will turn the ECO light green on the instrument panel when you are driving fuel efficiently in the ECO ON mode. If you don't want the indicator displayed, you can turn the ECO ON mode to OFF mode by pressing the TRIP button. For ECO ON/OFF Mode operation, please refer to the previous page.
  • Fuel efficient driving can be influenced by driving habits and road conditions.
  • The indicator will not display while in P (Park), N (Neutral) or R (Reverse).