Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Passenger door window doesn't work when pressing switch on

Customer Question

Passenger door window doesn't work when pressing switch on passenger door , and doesn't work by master switch on drivers door either! Had it to a kia dealership and they said motor was working. Have both switches gone bad?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 300,000 kills, automatic
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2003 kia, sorento
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked for broken wires, there isn't any! Checked switch plugs and they are getting power
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: My wife had our grandson for a drive and he touched the switch on the passenger door and the window came down some but she got him to put it backup , it went back up , but when we try it it does nothing!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Cardoctor69 replied 7 months ago.

I have helped you with this question already there is no way the switches are bad .

Did you want to continue .Please remove that rating from the other question as i work way to hard to save people thousands of dollars every day thanks.