Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas
93876653

Ac works and then quits then comes back on Kia has installed

Customer Question

Ac works and then quits then comes back on Kia has installed new compressor, new condenser, another compressor still not cooling all the time just comes and goes
Category: Kia
Expert:  SuperDave replied 5 months ago.

you need to also replace the expansion valve and drier.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
they did
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
now they are saying it is another bad compressor. I call BS
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 4 months ago.

I think you are on the right path about it being BS the compressor is faulty.... I dont think that is the case.

After they replaced everything, They should have put the system into a vacuum to boil the water/moisture that got into the system.
most places dont spend the time to actually do this long enough and what is happening is the Expansion valve is getting moisture on it and freezing, thus making it stuck, causing the pressures to get screwy and then the compressor shuts off. then once it has time to thaw out, it all works again, and the cycle repeats its self.

When you put water into a vacuum, it will actually boil. The AC machines we use will put the system into a vacuum and are supposed to be left in a vacuum for 60-90. 99.9% of techs out there do not do this. This would fix your issue though.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and dont forget to rate my service!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is doing the same thing it was doing before the system was open exposing it to moisture. I agree with you that it should be pulled down and they said they did but who knows for sure.

If its not that, the only other thing it can be in the expansion valve sticking due to debris from a possible compressor coming apart internally.

Did they replace the compressor on it again already?