Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Have 2012 Kia Soul. First time, today, I started car and rpm

Customer Question

Have 2012 Kia Soul. First time, today, I started car and rpm indicator remained at 0 and felt like brakes were "on". Drove a bit, then could not make it up hill. Fortunately, turned into a jiffy lube close by. They said my back brakes were locked. I turned car back on, released emergency brake, then worked fine. Went to store, did not put emergency brake on. Got back in, car did it again. Started, but rpm stayed at 0. I turned it off, restarted, then fine again. Drove home without a problem. Scarry. Not good back brakes are "locking". Idea??
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Are you able to do electrical diag for the tachometer issue and brake repairs?

Do you have rear disc or drum bakes?

If the parking brake is not to blame then you have a faulty wheel cylinder or calipers or the brake pad mounting hardware is damaged allowing the brakes to shift and bind.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris