Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Our 2014 Kia Sorento has a draining battery problem, which

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: Our 2014 Kia Sorento has a draining battery problem, which seems to be related to a faulty door sensor
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: the car shows the doors open and "dings" when you turn the car off and pull the keys
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: at this point the rear hatch door wont unlock and the dinging kills the battery
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: hopign there is a fuse to pull so we can get it to the dealer tomorrow
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine which door switch is failing you are going to need to connect a scan tool to the system and monitor the door circuits to determine which switch is failing. Once that been determine then in most cases the fix is to replace the failing switch. See the wiring diagram for the circuit for reference in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Door%20warning%20Jul%2011.pdf