Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Interior lights will not light when door opens. The bulbs

Customer Question

Interior lights will not light when door opens. The bulbs are good. 2011 Optima
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

While running and a door is open, does the instrument cluster show a door is ajar?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** do electrical diag with a volt meter or test light assuming you plan to diagnose and fix this yourself?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can

This is the diagram I will be using.

Remove the front overhead lamp. The red wire should be powered. The black wire should be ground. See if you get those results and report back.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris