rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Check engine light stays on and have no pressure on gas tank

Customer Question

check engine light stays on and have no pressure on gas tank have replaced gas cap and gas tank sensor and connection. I had diagnostic run and kia dealer and nothing shows up as being bad. Do you have any suggestions
Category: Kia
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

The only sure fire way to find that leak is with a smoke machine. This is done all the time for this issue.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have had a smoke test done nothing showed up
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Fuel tank leaks and O2 sensors running lean are completely different from each other. If you are setting EVAP codes, you either have a leak or a bad computer. If you have O2 codes or lean codes, they need to be diagnosed from the circuit to the computer.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.