Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

I am having issues with the ac compressior coming on now

Customer Question

i am having issues with the ac compressior coming on now there are no check engine light either im fairly knowledgeable around cars ive done everything to a car all the way to doing a engine swap the vechile is a 2006 kia sorento the ac works awsome when it comes on the air blows but is hot till the compressor kick on weve replaced the switchs on the dash ven did the relay switch under the hood in fuse box can u please tell me what it could be.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to an issue with an ac evap temp sensor sending an incorrect signal or a possible fault with a pressure sensor like the low pressure cycling switch at fault.I have seen both of these cause issues like this here.Even with no check engine light on there may be codes set in the engine computer that did not turn on this light or in other computers related to this issue here that need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue.I would have the fault codes checked/read out to help locate this issue here.This needs done with a fully compatible scan tool for your model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete