George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Certified and 15+ years as an ASE Maser Tech

I have 2009 Kia Rio Base VIN# KNADE223296518558 A/C suction

Customer Question

I have 2009 Kia Rio Base VIN# *****
A/C suction hose is leaking under the cap. Is the pressure pin under the cap available?
Category: Kia
Expert:  George H. replied 3 months ago.

Hello I will help,

Is it only leaking under vacuum?

How much is it leaking? A whiff or is it streaming out?

Let me know so I can help

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had the system recharged with a dye in it. Took about a month for it to all leak out. The dye was all around the cap. My mechanic ordered a spring type insert valve for it but it was wrong size (looks like a small pin surrounded by spring). I am looking for what part is actually called and correct size and availability?

The valve is not available from KIA but the valve port is the same one the dye was installed in so it is common for it to be filled with dye.

Have you inspeced the water dischage hose to see if it is leaking out there/

The cap is the primary seal and the valve core in the port is the secondary so it is possible to see dye in the port but a sniffer would not detect any leakage with the cap installed.

Let me know how I can help, if you present the valve to a NAPA dealer they might be able to match it but KIA does not make it available though their network.