Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

It is a sportage 2009 and the blower stopped, but the light

Customer Question

It is a sportage 2009 and the blower stopped, but the light on the AC and curculating air position are staying on. I looked at fuses and they seem OK.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Why would the Freon level stop the blower from running. I cannot turn off the AC to see if the blower worked without the AC on. It actually feels like cool air is coming out of the vent, but there is no fan driving it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I thought it was the fuse the way it just stop. I purchased a new 40v fuse for the blower and replaced a 10 v. fuse that sounded like it might be an issue. No change. If I can fix it I will, if it is past my abilities I will take it into a Kia Dealer.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just that the green light is on for the AC and on the dial that you select where to direct the airflow. I cannot turn either off. When I set the dial on off, it still is green.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an electrical fault with the blower motor itself needing replaced or an issue with the blower resistor.I have seen both act up/fail in the past before needing replaced.

The blower motor and resistor need tested further to see which is the cause here.Then from there the component at fault can be replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete