Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Alternator failed, mechanic replaced it but he forgot to

Customer Question

alternator failed, mechanic replaced it but he forgot to reset the airbag light
JA: Have you checked the codes? Is anything interfering with the seatbelt switch?
Customer: i dont have a scanner
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2006 Sedona
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this was my first google, to see if i could reset and what tools i would need. i can take back to the mechanic, but I'm trying to get into fixing more stuff myself. I can buy a cheap scanner, but for bigger items, it will go back to the mechanic
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: alternator failed, fan shutdown and engine overheated. that cause almost every light on dash to come on. after he replaced the alternator, everythign is normal, except the airbag light is still on,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

More than likely the light is not on from the repair, just a coincidence. The light will go off automatically when the restraint control module detects there is not an issue. You can try a reset at home by disconnecting both battery cables then hold them together for one minute then reconnect. If an issue is there the light will come on and remain on and store a code.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.