Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist

I have a 2006 kia sportage .two days ago i washed down the

Customer Question

Hi,i have a 2006 kia sportage .two days ago i washed down the engine, yesterday it ran just fine, today,for some reason it is missing like crazy when i press the gas peddle,could it ba the plugs.thankyou.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 months ago.

Hello, likely not going to be a problem with plugs, In most all cases? you have a bad plug wire or 2 and they are arcing to each other, In the dark you can sometimes run engine and see the sparks jumping between wires, I would be sure all wires are dry, maybe move them around some to see if improvement, then? well you could? have a coil that got water in it. That would be last to try, I lean more to plug wires before a coil but either is possible, Here is link showing coils in top picture