fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician

My 2014 Sorento is having brake problems. I've had it looked

Customer Question

My 2014 Sorento is having brake problems. I've had it looked at twice by a Kia dealership and they can't find anything wrong. When I press on the brakes (and this only happens periodically) I hear a popping sound and the brake pedal feels like it slips a gear or loses compression. It only lasts about half a second and then catches and feels normal again. Any help would be great!
Category: Kia
Expert:  fix it man replied 3 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** have seen this a few times on this vehicle. Most of the time it is caused by a wheel speed sensor that is not reading correctly. It only takes a sensor being off slightly for the ABS to kick in and open one of its valves whick will cause this feeling. It can be hard to diagnose unless a scan tool it used when the problem is occurring. This needs to be done before anything else. If that turns up nothing then it may be a bad bushing on the suspension. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
when I take it to the dealership what should I ask them to check?
First start by telling them that you feel completely unsafe in the vehicle and that if something happens you will hold them responsible. Then tell them that you need them to drive it with the scan tool hooked to it because you suspect that it may be a bad wheel speed sensor that is reading slightly off.