Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2011 kia sorento and the battery went dead. I

Customer Question

I have a 2011 kia sorento and the battery went dead. I replaced with a new battery and when I restarted, my ABS, anti slip, and down hill light came on. been like this for a week and has not shut off. are these false warnings or is there an issue?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

These warning lights may have be triggered by the low battery or you may have a issue. Before you do anything else try disconnecting both battery cable and touching them together for a few seconds to reboot the systems. Once you have done this reconnect them and drive the car and see if the lights return. If they do not you should be fine. If in fact they return then you do have a problem and the next step will require having the system scanned to see what the fault codes are that should be setting. Let me know how this works out and we can work from there.