Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Both low,beam not working all gh beams goid, 2013 optima,

Customer Question

Both low,beam not working all high beams goid
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2013 optima
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes thats why im on internet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Daughters car. May have run over something that jolted front end. ( she wont say) lol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This model uses an IPS control module/ecu that controls the head light low beams and high beams on separate circuits.The low and high beams look to use the same power fused source so I dont see this as a fuse issue here but the IPS can fail in the interior junction box fuse panel and cause this issue here.Both low and high beams use the same ground signal as well so most likely the ground is all o.k.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model this needs done.Any codes set in any of the computers will help diagnose to locate this fault here.I suspect the IPS control module may need replaced to correct this issue here.The other component can be the dimmer switch that switches from low to high beam.In some cases you can tell it is this switch at fault if you can flicker the low beams jiggling the switch.If they do flicker then the switch needs replaced.If they do not then this will need tested further electronically to make sure the IPS needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete