Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2006 sportage v6. it started losing power. engine

Customer Question

I have a 2006 sportage v6. it started losing power. engine light came on. I got a code for a bad cam sensor and a bad cranck shaft. I changed both...then I got a code for a bad knock sensor, I also changed that...now it wont even start, there is no spark
JA: Have you checked the spark plugs? When was your air filter last changed?
Customer: it was serviced one month ago...new plugs and air filter also oil change was done..
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well I am told the ecm is bad
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: to be honest the car started losing power sometime ago...it would come and go. finally it would not go more than 15 mph, so I parked it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** does sound like the ECM has failed if you have no spark and are not setting any codes. A couple other possibilities that come to mind are a clogged catalytic converter or jumped timing belt so I'd make sure to check those out too before replacing ECM. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

-