sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Engine keeps hesitating when I try to accelerate. I had the

Customer Question

Engine keeps hesitating when I try to accelerate. I had the engine throttle replaced two weeks ago and the fuel injectors cleaned. Seemed to help for a week but has started again
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: 2004
JA: What is the model of your '04 Kia?
Customer: I don't know if they checked the fuel filters but will find out
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only has 62,000 miles
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause hesitation. You may have low fuel pressure or a fuel quality issue, an exhaust restriction, it may be an inaccurate sensor, a loss of cam or crank signal or a throttle control concern. You may also have an ignition issue, coil or injector/driver concern.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see if any fault codes are setting. ost issues will set a code and that will give a starting point for diagnosing.

Do you know if any codes are setting?