Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I just installed a new battery in my 2014 kia soul and it is

Customer Question

Hi there. I just installed a new battery in my 2014 kia soul and it is taller than the original one and the positive lead does not reach. No matter if I move it closer to the negative or closer the other way, I cannot get the positive to reach. Any suggestions?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Can you take a picture of it and the tray?On some models the tray is more of a extension. It is thick so the shorter batteries can fit and still be clamped down. So if it fits fine with out the tray it is ok to leave it out. But keep it just incase you need it in the future.Also if you can take a pic of old battery as well that would be good.Let me know and I'll continue to assist.Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will attach a few. You can see I have almost gotten the test out. It's connected by a zip tie that I haven't cut yet because I'm waiting to see if I need it.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Almost gotten the "tray" out.
Ok so that's not a tray you can do with out. Sorry. Some of them have a thick plastic tray/extension that sits in it. But that's not what yours is.
Can you take a pic of both batteries?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your reply.
Ok, well I looked up the specifications on all the batteries from advanced, oreilly's, Walmart and they are all the same height. But from the pic it looks like you got it on?If you didn't, you may have to get a battery from Kia or remove some of the clips and hold downs on the cable itself so you have a little more latitude.Let me know if you have any questions or what I can do to help.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny