Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

2001 Kia sephia with 40k miles. Getting codes PO 731 and PO

Customer Question

2001 Kia sephia with 40k miles. Getting codes PO 731 and PO 732 and the trans shifts late. Won't shif to 2nd until about 4200 RPMs. Shifts late to 3rd as well. The Overdrive System button on the shifter does not appear to do anything. Just had a trans fluid flush but it did not help.
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: A few hrs ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes if possible. Tried trans flush
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The low miles on the car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having as well as the fault codes you are going are a know concern and Kia has released a service bulletin dealing with it that calls for a revised TCM . I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review as it likely applies to your concern. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/TCM%20Jun%2021.pdf