EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.

Why the blower resistor keep disconecting on Sorento 2011 no

Customer Question

why the blower resistor keep disconecting on Sorento 2011 for apparent no reason ? replaced 3 in two weeks
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far? Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yes , only one ,the resistor before disconnects is overheating bad
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: everything is fine only electric
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 months ago.

Hi. Have you checked the cabin air filter? If it is plugged there will be lack of air flow through the heater box and the resistor will not get cooled down. I would check the cabin air filter first.

Thanks for viewing my response. Thanks for allowing me to assist you. Please ask if you have any further questions on this. And also rate my assistance provided please using the 5 star rating method. Thank you.