Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

Replaced caliper no fluid coming out bleeder can't get

Customer Question

replaced caliper no fluid coming out bleeder can't get peddle to pump up
JA: Have you checked the fluids? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: fluid housing full 142.000
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2006 spectra
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes already replaced caliper and tried to bleed can't get fluid to come out bleeder and peddle will not get hard
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

If you disconnect the brake line will fluid come out of it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just very little
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hey are you there
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
real help lol

Okay, when you are bleeding the brakes you need to do it with two people. You will start with the caliper furthest away from the master cylinder. You will pump the pedal and hold it to the floor. Than the assistant will open the bleeder valve. You will lift the pedal up and he will than close the valve. You will than repeat this process several times until the brake fluid comes out and there is no air. Than you will move to the next furthest away and so on until all 4 are bled. If that is what you have been doing you have a bad master cylinder and will need to replace and bench bleed it.

Sorry you will not raise the pedal until the person closes the valve. Than you will keep doing this. It will feel like the pedal has nothing but that is normal until you get the air out of the system.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
will try I will let you know tomorrow

Perfect, sorry if it takes me a little while to respond. I am still in the shop so responding as I am also working late tonight.