Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

I have to fix my transmission fluid temperature sensor

Customer Question

I have to fix my transmission fluid temperature sensor circuit
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: Have not done that at all. who would do that for me and how much would that cost
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia? I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: 2011 Kia Sorento
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to the dealer and they said it will cost me over $600 which I cannot afford
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

The trans fluid temp sensor is under the trans side cover. 3.8 hours labor.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,