Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech

I have an 07 kia spectra when headlights are on reverse

Customer Question

Hi I have an 07 kia spectra when headlights are on reverse lights are on even in drive and the dash lights also go on and off as you move the shifter but the Trans won't shift out of reverse until you turn off the headlights then everything works .
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the reverse light are coming on with the headlamps then that would mean the headlamp circuit is shorted to the reverse light circuit. You are going to need to check there reverse light wiring from the back to the front looking for a short . I have enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below for reference. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.