Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech

After driving my 2014 Kia optima , I came home but when I

Customer Question

After driving my 2014 Kia optima , I came home but when I went to leave a few hours later the car wouldn't crank. I had the battery tested and the battery is good
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: The battery tested good
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I'm at a stand still right now
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The car doesn't have push button start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Let start with having a helper hold the key in the crank position and then take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter and at the starter check and see if you have battery voltage on the small crank wire (green) as well as battery voltage on the large battery cable (black). If you find you have power on both and the starter dose not crank than that means it has failed. If find no power there then post back and we can work from there. See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will check the starter but I wanted you to know that I don't have any interior lights or anything working in the car. It really acts like a battery issue but the battery tested good
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

All power to the car comes from the battery and if you are sure the battery checks okay then check the connections to it as well and be sure to check all the fuse as well.