Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Oil anti drain back valve broken can i drive it until I get

Customer Question

Oil anti drain back valve broken can i drive it until I get it fixed
Category: Kia
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.

I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.

So if it is just the anti drain back valve, it isn't recommended but you can drive it. but each time you start the car you will be doing a little bit of damage to the bearings as it will take a second for the oil to be pushed thru the system. It isn't recommended that you drive it, but in an emergency it will get you there.

Thanks Sonny

I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this question? Or did I satisfactorily answer the question?
Thanks
Sonny