Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech

I purchased a new battery 2006 Kia Sedona minivan about a

Customer Question

I purchased a new battery for my 2006 Kia Sedona minivan about a month ago. When installing the new battery, I did not realize that the terminals were reversed on the new battery as compared to the old battery. When I hooked it up, the horn blew repeatedly and I unhooked it. I then realized the mistake. I replaced the battery with the proper terminal set up and when I try to hook up the battery, the engine seems to try to turn over, even though there is no key in the ignition. Thought that the in-line fuse on the battery cable was blown, but cant find a replacement at the local autoparts store. Not sure how to troubleshoot this... Is this likely a fuse blown? Something else?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You have this listed as a 2006 as well as a 2016, can you tell me which year it actually is? If you working on the 2006 then you are going to need to check all the fuse located in the under hood fuse panel starting with the power train fuse (7.5 AMP) see the wiring diagram in the link below for the fuse to check. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.