Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

My brake lights won't go off even when I turn my car off

Customer Question

My brake lights won't go off even when I turn my car off completely, I have to take the cable off the battery every time I get out the car
JA: Have you checked the bulb? Could it be a faulty fuse?
Customer: My light was out I changed it then the next day it did this has been doing it for a week can't even unlock all my doors and windows gotta do it one by one
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can if not I might have to take it to a shop
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: Yes the tire light won't go out either, I think my computer is messing uo
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to help you with your break light concern, we need to know what year and model your Kia is. One thing you need to check as well is to disconnect your break light switch and see if the break light then turn off. POst back with this information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a 2007 Kia Sedona
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Okay thank you for that , now if you unplug the break light switch , do the break light go out?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can u tell me where my brake light is please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Meant to say brake line switch
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

The break light switch is under the dash at the top of the break pedal . I have done to investigating and have found that KIA has a recall for this problem and it calls for replacing the break light switch. They will do this for you at no charge. Contact your dealer and get it is and they will take care of this for you. See the recall in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Break%20light%20switch%20Jun%2011.pdf