sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2011 Kia Sorento AWD. I took it to a local mechanic

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Kia Sorento AWD. I took it to a local mechanic to have the starter replaced. Once they removed all the parts, replaced the starter and put everything back together.... they tried to start the car. An alarm sounds, the horn blows loudly several times, and the engine will not crank. Prior to the work being done the key fob worked fine. Any ideas?
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It does sound as if the alarm is going off. It would have armed when the battery was reconnected and would then need to be disarmed. It sound have disarmed with the key fob though, provided the fob is functional and correct. If you have an aftermarket alarm for instance and the fob is factory then that would explain it not disarming. You may have an alarm on the car that you were not aware of.

Do the doors unlock when the unlock button is pressed?