Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

When. Im driving my car the interior lights wont shut off :

Customer Question

When. Im driving my car the interior lights wont shut off
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs? Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Bulbs are good, it only shuts off when I shut off the engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check the door are lock
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: I mean shut
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this issue here can be due to a fault with a faulty door latch/position sensor.I have seen these fail in the past before keeping the interior lights on like this needing replaced.The latch and locks will still operate properly but the electrical switch that sends a signal to turn off and on the lights can fail in it.If you can tell me the year,make and model here as well as engine size I can look up more info on this for you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete