Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech

The remote key will unlock the doors, but the car is still

Customer Question

The remote key will unlock the doors, but the car is still armed; brake pedal locked, ignition locked will not turn. When I try and unlock the car again with the remote, the four ways flash.
I've tried locking and unlocking it,. Tried locking it and walking away and come back 10 minutes later. Nothing. Still the same the car will not unarm and release the ignition.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One thing you should try is a systems reboot. To do this, disconnect both battery cables and touch them together for a few seconds and then reconnect them and retry starting the car and see if it will start. Post back with the results and we can work from there if need be.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I found out the problem. It was as simple as a weak door sensor. The trunk needed a good slam. If it closes too weakly the car thinks a door is open and triggers the anti theft system. The only way to turn it off is to have all the doors closed (sensors indicate closed) and then lock, then unlock.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well.