Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

2015 kia optima dashboard read service off, now says elapsed

Customer Question

2015 kia optima dashboard read service off, now says elapsed time with a countdown. What does this mean. Water is coming out as well. I'm so confused
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 37,000 only had car for a month and it just started today within the last hour
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I'm not sure what the elapsed time situation means or why it read service off before.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing.. Just getting the information
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: That's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

The service message and countdown can indicate you are near a service that is due on your model or that you are past due.The service info usually needs checked by a dealer to see what needs serviced or repaired then serviced from there and the dealer will reset the service message you see after this has been done.

If you have a coolant leak this will need inspected to locate the source of the leak and from there repaired to correct the leak.Being a 2015 model if there is a leak this should be covered under warranty in most cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete