EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

09 Sportage tailgate won't open. you can here the actuator.

Customer Question

09 Sportage tailgate won't open. you can here the actuator. I had AAA put a new battery in the vehicle. Is their an electrical module that needs programing. When all fails how do I remove cover from inside
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 10 months ago.

Hi. There is nothing electrical that needs to be reset after the battery replacement.

You are correct that if the door is not opening then, you will have to remove the panel from the inside. And of course, that is kind of a pain in the butt. But there are 5 screws that need to come out. Then the panel just pulls off. There are several pushpin type retainers.

Thanks for viewing my response. Please let me know if you have any more questions and also please rate my assistance using the 5 star rating method. Thank you.