Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1
12772297

Periodic sluggish acceleration. Changed the TPS and cleaned

Customer Question

Periodic sluggish acceleration. Changed the TPS and cleaned the mass air sensor. Still have the problem but more so when the weather is hot.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No code came up
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I accelerate my care it takes awhile to get up to speed but this isn't all the time, when starting from a stop it seems to be the worst. But like I said not every time and the hot weather seems to make it worse.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can just put $2000 into it to fix a head gasket problem.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also I just replaced the radiator due to a crack in the plastic tank. And had the head milled with new head gasket replacement this past week. I also notice a wine when the engine rpm changes.
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.

Hello

this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could notbe running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you