fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician

Our 2007 kia Spectra has had a/c issues . No mechanics have

Customer Question

Our 2007 kia Spectra has had a/c issues for years. No mechanics have been able to fix it. Heater blows hot. A/C turns on and blows hot. Last place we took it (mechanic school) said they thought the controller was bad and needed replaced. It was the end of the school year and they were unable to fix it. Flash forward one we are again. It's getting hot outside and we have no A/C. Can you help, please?
Category: Kia
Expert:  fix it man replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the compressor for the AC is not turning on then the issue is typically in the evaporator temperature sensor. This is assuming that the system is full of refrigerant. I have replaced these on this vehicle more than anything else. It is typically checked with a scan tool that will read the sensor data. It can also be the controller or another sensor but this is by far the most common. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.