Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

My 2012 sorento ac working great one day ago now ac light

Customer Question

My 2012 sorento ac working great one day ago now ac light wont illuminate or air cidc lites blower works fine
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Could it be a fuse? No probs with ac prior
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it is just a fuse yes if more i have no expertise or would be willing to compromise vehicle integrity i am no mechanic!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: Just hot
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 6 months ago.

Hello, it could be just a fuse but it isn't very likely. It is more likely that the control head is the issue. What engine is in your Sorento? Also is it automatic climate control or manual?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
4 cylinder engine and manual

Alright, there are a couple fuses in the inside fuse box on the lower left of the dash, A/CON 7.5A, A/CON MANU 7.5A and ROOM LP 10A. I have attached a picture of the fuse box to show where they are located. If all of these fuses are ok, it is likely that the control head is faulty but to know for sure you'd have to do some circuit testing and that involves removing the control head and checking the A/C pressures etc. If you are under 60k miles it should be covered under warranty at any Kia dealership.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.