K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

If I 't have my 30 month maintence done, does it void the

Customer Question

if I don't have my 30 month maintence done, does it void the warranty?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My son and I lease a 2014 Kia soul I got a notice the 30 month maintenance is due. He is in NY right now and they want 700.00 bucks for this he doesn't have the money. I turn the car in , in November.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Ack! no
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: This page lol
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: it had the brakes fixed in NY in Feb. 2016
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: I am in Indiana , I don't know the mileage but I know it is low.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 4 months ago.

Hello, not having the factory required service done can cause warranty issues. Keep in mind it does not have to be performed at the dealer. Any shop that employs ASE certified technicians can perform the checks and often at a much lower price. Given you are due to turn it in a few months from now It would more than likely be safe to forgo the service.