Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

2011 Kia Optima. Car doesn't recognize that I'm pressing the

Customer Question

2011 Kia Optima. Car doesn't recognize that I'm pressing the brake. You have to press the brake and push the button to start. So it isn't starting
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: What do you need to know?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: No. It won't because the it doesn't recognize that I'n depressing the brake pedal. Engine is fine, battery is good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Good morning.

Do you know whether the brake lights are working?