sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I having issue with my 2011 KIA Sorento. The driver seat is

Customer Question

i having issue with my 2011 KIA Sorento. The driver seat is stuck, the power adjust switch is not working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The seat won't move forward or backwards when I push the switch
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: No that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the seat won't move it could be a loss of power or ground, the switch itself, a failed motor or mechanical issue on the adjuster preventing the seat from moving, or there could be something foreign blocking movement. I'm assuming you've checked for anything foreign under the seat that could be a factor.

If other seat functions work then power and ground to the seat are present. Is fore/aft the only function not working?