Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

I forgot I also have 2005 rio base model and the problem I

Customer Question

I forgot I also have 2005 rio base model and the problem I had was a stutter on acceleration. not all the time but enuff times that it was a pain to drive. I replaced maf, coils, wires, tps, plugs, and still the same. I happened to accidentall break the pcv valve and didn't have any issues with when it had the vacuum leak. the ecm pids were to show me any info why it was running rich. so I ended up just putting a small hole in the pcv hose and havnt had the stutter since. had it to a local kia dealerprior to this and they couldn't find anything.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 6 months ago.

I've seen the fuel pressure regulator have issues with those rios. Other than that I would say its gotta be an O2 sensor issue.