Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My 2011 kia optima stop running im sitting on side of road :

Customer Question

My 2011 kia optima stop running im sitting on side of road
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was driving and it was like the car did not want to switch gears it was like I mean it was like I couldn't speed up and then it just stop it just shut down
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It's storming and I can't get a tow truck on anybody to come out
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: No ma'am
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This sounds like the engine has stalled out with this issue here.This can commonly be caused by a fault with a faulty fuel pump needing replaced.This can cause the engine to slow down to a stop like this.

Spark and fuel pressure will have to be tested by a shop or person that has a fuel pressure test gauge and a spark tester to then diagnose further from here to see if the pump or an ignition component needs replaced.Unfortunately I do not have any tricks or any procedures that can be done to help get the engine started again for now.You may have to wait to have it towed as soon as a tow company can tow it and it may be best to have it towed to a repair facility to have these items tested.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete