Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My meter fuse # ***** keeps blowing when I shift into drive.

Customer Question

My meter fuse # ***** keeps blowing when I shift into drive. It has been doing that for some time and I was able to manually overide the shift mechanism to put it into drive. This morning I have not been able to shift into drive despite my override attempt. I can shift it into drive but the transmission does not engage in any of the 3 drive settings.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

So it looks like you have 2 failures here.

First off we need to address the blown fuse. When you unplug the transaxle range sensor on the transaxle. Then replace the fuse. Does it then blow when you shift to drive?

Are you having to override the shifter because it will not come out of park?

Do the brake lights work?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris