Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I bought a used 2004 Kia optima and trying to see if car is

Customer Question

I bought a used 2004 Kia optima and trying to see if car is equiped with factory alarm; because the radio, door lights and locks not working.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: yes, horn also not working, when the leads connected back the horn stays on.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm just doing a spot check, maybe it has an electrical short. I really don't want to take it to the dealer; would cost too much.
JA: Any recent repairs?
Customer: I bought the car for my daughter and it seems all these problems came with it;had to get her a Rav4 for reliability. Now am keeping the car for myself and trying to get it going.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: That's it for now!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Will the vehicle start and if so does the horn remain on solid or is it honking?

Can you remove the radio and check some wires? Yellow power with the key on, Orange power all the time, Black/orange ground.

If needed the 10 amp HORN fuse can be removed for now if its blaring while diagnosing.

On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris