Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I'm have 07 kia sportage mi ac compresor not working have

Customer Question

I'm have 07 kia sportage mi ac compresor not working have power to ac compresor relay but missing ground on relay to activate compresor check freon and is ok compresor work direct fine but not getting signal from relay
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 6 months ago.
I would say either the relay is bad, or the control head is not sending the signal to the relay. I have seen the control heads go bad a decent amount.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Try other relay and control switch and doing same thing were the ground is coming from
you swapped a relay and another control head and it still didn't work? Let me look into some diagrams and see if I can figure it out or at least find where you need to test
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If run wire from ground to relay compresor work but cooling fan not coming on and freon presume get high
Sounds like you have an issue with the ECM. The ECM controls the ground for the A/C relay.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.