Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

I have Kia 2700 diesel pickup today that pickup engine

Customer Question

I have Kia 2700 diesel pickup today that pickup engine runaway and heavy smoke doesn't shut off engine. Now I can remove injection pump and clean after I install injection pump won't start. Why it happens. How to fix that problem and start my pickup. I don't know how to timing that injection pump.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. In some cases this can be an over fuel issue due to one or more fuel injectors at fault on the engine itself.I have seen injectors leak down fuel into the engine cylinders causing a smoke issue as well as sometimes an over run or unable to turn off as the engine is loaded up on fuel.If you have not had the injectors tested this should be done as well as the injection pump if the injectors test o.k. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Injectors ok . Tell me there is timing in injection pump. And I can remove engine timing cover engine timing is good. But won't start engine. Please help
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately I do not have the info on timing the pump.Some models do have to have this timed but unfortunately I do not have this info on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still not answer my questions