Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have my 08 kia rio alternator all disconnected except

Customer Question

I have my 08 kia rio alternator all disconnected except for the lower bolt. I have the nut off the inside end, but I am unsure how to remove the bolt itself. Any suggestions?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
It's hard to picture where you are stuck. Take a look at this diagram and let me know what is hanging you up.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not sure how to get the "through bolt" out, it doesn't just slide out so I figure there must be a way to remove it.
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
You pulled the nut on the back of the bolt right? Circled here:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I live in Canada, your site will only take US numbers and all I need is a way to pull that bolt out, so live chat should do it.
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Oh, sorry, the phone call thing is automated. Just Answer does that on it's own. I prefer to communicate here.Once that bolt is out, it should pull straight out. It might just be bound up from the weight of the alternator.
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Can you tap on the back side of the bolt (where the nut was) and see if it will push through?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK, so no Kia Wisdom on this issue. No problem, I thought I would try and see if the company had a trick. Of course I have tried tapping on the back of it. Thanks for your time, have a good day
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Not really. I've changed a handful of kia alternators but never had any trouble. Sorry I couldn't be more help; they are usually pretty straightforward.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No sweat, I was just hoping I wouldn't have to beat on the bolt too hard. take care.
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know if you need more help down the road. I'll click the rate button, but if you would prefer to have the question closed out let me know and I'll have customer service take care of it. Thanks!