Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas
93876653

I am changing a timing belt and serpentine belt on a 2006

Customer Question

Hello, I am changing a timing belt and serpentine belt on a 2006 Kia Optima 2.7. The power steering pulley and a bracket on the front head both have a white dot on them. Do the two white dots have to be in alignment?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 6 months ago.
Thank you with supplying all the info about the car. As far as the timing marks, everything that needs to be lined up Ill attach as a document, and the timing belt installation routine ill attach as well. No, the power steering pulley and bracket will have nothing to with the alignment of the timing belt and drive belt. Could have been from a previous repair more than likely. As always, once you have the belt on and marks lined up turn the crank by hand two turns so that you can check your marks and make sure everything is lined up and correct before putting the cover and everything else back on. Please do not forget to rate my service since that is the only way I get credit for helping you tonight. Also once you rate me this thread will remain open in case you have any more questions. Thanks!!